News and commentary on Religion, especially Southern religion.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Unexpected/backhanded support for Christianity

Ruth Gledhill writes:

It comes to something when even [atheist, secular humanists, skeptic and scientific rationalist] Richard Dawkins is defending Christianity. He told me yesterday why he had mixed feelings about a putative end to Christianity:

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death. I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Comments are moderated. Yours will be reviewed soon.